Music Database Software
Automatically create a personal music database.
Just insert the CDs into your computer
to get instant CD details and cover images.
- Create a personal CD and music file database on your PC or Mac
Just insert CDs or scan music folders to auto-download album details, track lists & cover art.
Catalog files, view stats, print lists, manage loans, export data to XML/CSV, and more...
- Check your music database and wish list on your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
Export your music list from Music Collector to the CLZ Music mobile viewer app.
- Publish your music list online and share it with friends
Upload your list to Music Collector Connect and email your public web-link.
Try Music Collector Free
Download your free trial edition. Available for Windows and Mac OS X.
Add CDs to your music database by inserting CDs,
by typing titles or by barcode
- No need to enter song titles manually, no need to scan cover images.
- Just insert the CD into your computer's CD-ROM drive.
- Automatically download all CD details, song titles, cover art, genres, etc.
- Alternatively: add CDs by typing artist & title or by scanning barcodes.
Need a barcode scanner?
Then check out our CLZ Barry scanner app for iOS and Android.
- Scan barcodes using the built-in camera of your phone or tablet.
- Instantly transmit scanned barcodes to your desktop computer (Windows or Mac).
- Or: scan barcodes while offline, then send them all to your PC or Mac in one go.
CLZ Barry is available for Android and iOS (iPhone/iPad) for US $7.99.
For more information : check out the CLZ Barry website.
Cataloging your music files by scanning folders
- Just select the folder that contains your music files and let Music Collector find them all.
- The found files are automatically grouped into albums, based on tags and folder names.
- Use your meta tag data to create detailed album entries automatically (inc. cover art).
- Supported file and tag formats: MP3 (ID3v1 + ID3v2), M4A, WMA, OGG, APE, Flac and WAV.
- Use CLZ Music to check your music database and wish list on your mobile device
Just export the data and images from the Pro edition (Windows or Mac).
- Browse your CDs with full data and images
No need to be online, all data is stored on your device for fast browsing.
- Currently available for iPhone and iPod touch, in Apple's App Store
Coming soon: iPad edition and Android edition
Subscription: US $30.00 per year (optional add-on to Music Collector)
- Publish your music database online on Collectorz.com servers
Access your CD inventory from any online computer or mobile device.
- Share your CD collection database with friends and family
Just email them the link to your public collection on the Connect website.
- Connect is a fully stand-alone music organizer tool
Connect is a cool add-on to the Music Collector downloadable desktop edition for Windows or Mac, but it can also be used on its own, as a super-easy online music cataloging tool.
The Collectorz.com online music databaseMusic Collector automatically downloads CD information, song titles and cover art from our own Collectorz.com online music database. There are three ways to search this database for CD information:
1. Inserting the actual CD in your computer's CD-ROM driveIf you insert the actual disc, the software can scan the disc's unique ToC (Table of Contents). This ToC is then used to find the CD in the online CD database and retrieve the full details: artist, title, song titles, etc... including the cover image if we have one available. The online music database contains information for over 3.3 million different CD editions.
Adding CDs to your personal database by ToC is highly recommend. Taking the actual disc from the box may seem like extra work, but it is well worth it because of the high "exact match" success rate of ToC searches (around 93%) and because you are guaranteed to get the song data for the exact edition you own.
2. Entering the Artist & TitleAlternatively, you can search the music database by typing the Artist and Title. This will give you multiple results to choose from, so that you can pick the one that best matches the edition you own. The advantage of this method is that you will not only see results from the Collectorz.com database, but also from the high-quality Discogs.com music database. Discogs entries often provide front plus back cover images, so it is worth browsing through the results to find the best one.
3. Typing or scanning the barcodeThe third method to search our online music database is by barcode (UPC or EAN). You can either type the barcode manually or use a barcode scanner to scan it. Any barcode scanner that supports keyboard emulation will work, but we recommend using one of the 3 scanners that Music Collector has special support for (see above).
Discogs, freedb and MusicBrainzThe Collectorz.com online music database system uses a couple of "back-end" sources for music data, to complement its own data.
MusicBrainzThe MusicBrainz online music database is a great online source for quality music data. It doesn't contain many ToCs (just under 400 thousand), but the data it has is always of a high standard. That is why the Collectorz.com server searches MusicBrainz first for ToCs that it does not recognize itself. CDs that are found in MusicBrainz are automatically cached in the Collectorz.com database for future reference.
freedb.orgfreedb.org is a free online CD database (under the GPL license). It can be searched by ToC and a (somewhat) unique identifier called the CDDBID. Our Collectorz.com database server uses freedb as a last resort for ToC that can not be found in either its own CD database or the MusicBrainz database. CD entries returned from freedb are cached in the Collectorz.com music database too.
DiscogsThe 3rd data source that is used is the Discogs.com online music database. The great thing about Discogs is that they have a lot of cover images for CDs, both front and back. And not only for CDs, also for vinyl and casettes. It cannot be searched by ToC though, only by artist & title or barcode. You will see many results from the Discogs music database if you search by Artist and Title in Music Collector's Add Albums Automatically screen.
The Discogs.com server only allows 5,000 searches per day from the same IP address, which is not nearly enough for the high volume of searches generated by Music Collector users. So we are hosting our own copy of the MusicBrainz music database on our own server. The added benefit of this is that it makes searches fast and reliable. Also, it makes it possible to integrate Discogs.com results with our own results, sorted by relevance and completeness (e.g. entries that have full music data plus a front and back cover get a slightly higher ranking.)
Submitting data and images to the Collectorz.com Music DatabaseAs explained above, our online music database is automaticaly "fed" from the freedb and MusicBrainz open source CD databases, but the main source for new CD entries and cover images is Music Collector users like you.
So if you come across a CD that is not in our music database, you can help your fellow Music Collector users, by adding that CD manually and then submitting it for inclusion in the central online database, preferably including a "home-scanned" cover image.
The same holds for entries that are missing a cover image or have incorrect data (e.g. a typo in one of the song titles). Just complete and correct the entry you downloaded, then submit it back to us.
All submitted data is processed semi-automatically on a daily basis, so your submitted entries will be live in the central music database within 24 hours, ready to be enjoyed by other Music Collector users.
For more information, please check our Submission Guidelines.
Other collection database programs:
Try Music Collector Free
Download your free trial edition.
Available for Windows and Mac OS X.
Buy Music Collector
about Music Collector
Pays for itself"You have a great product with Collectorz Music. My collection of music exceeds 2500 items and I need the indexing capability to find my way around the collection. In addition, your product pays for itself several times a year. When I am about to buy a CD/DVD, I often quickly consult Collectorz Music database. In so doing I have, on a number occasions, avoided buying Discs/files that already exist in my collection."
A pleasure to work with" I'm collecting vinyls since 1961 and through all the years I've been trying to organize my collection many many times but with no big results. Only the CLZ-software provides all a real vinyl freak can ask for and I can imagine that your software would also be very practical for professionals.
It's a daily pleasure to work with!!! "
The joy"I have a vinyl collection....close to 2,000....accrued since the 50's. Have a USB Turntable that converts them to CD's. Definitely very manual project....but the joy of listening to them again...and often remembering where you were when you bought....is worth every minute..."
Fantastic"Thanks for the music catalogue programme been after a database for years and this is fantastic."
Flexibility of the database"I am impressed with the level of support you offer, with the flexibility of the database, and with the fact that it actually seems to be updated quite regularly (unlike almost all the other music database software)."
Great"I think your software is great, and I'm enjoying working with it. It's going to take me quite a while to catalog my huge (5,000+) CD collection and then I'll start on the vinyl. Hope I get it all done before I die!
Thanks again for your hard work at making this a fun program to use!"
The software is fantastic"As a CD Trustee user for over 10 years I was hesitant at first to switch software, but with an upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit my hand was forced. The user interface with allowed me to upload my exiting database to Music Collector was flawless and easy. The software is fantastic and I anticipate many years of use. "
Fantastic"This piece of software is fantastic.
My collection contains jazzrock and fusion..cd and vinyl. And every album is find in the database. Wauw! "
So a perfect software"I would only say that the Music Collector Pro database with CLZ are outstanding, amazing, fantastic...and so on. I've never seen before so a perfect Software like this!
I am a dancemusic collector since 1985 and for me must be a database extremly flexible what exactly your software are!
Congratulation for this.
The Pro version are very fair priced and worth every cent!!!
I have 4 hours, but i can't live without it anymore!"
Very imppressed"Hi. I downloaded the free trial of your Music database and am very impressed. Love the scanning function. The database search is very wide reaching.
Love the fact that Various artist I tested the search function and love that albums can be entered with search ability on song & artist.
I had been using Access. i'm Very impressed."
MAGIC"I purchased your CD Collectorz software & love it, and have since bought Movie Collectorz Software for my 1,000 plus DVD & BluRay collection and just LOVE them both.
I bought a barcode reader and it is just soooo good entering the DVDs. I haven't finished entering them all yet, but I've been wanting this kind of database for years & years. The search facility for tracks on the CD database is MAGIC.
Keep up the good work"
Joy"I've been happily using your product for about ten years now (the nerdy joy of entering a record into the database is almost as good as listening to it)."
Such wonderful software"I just recently bought the Music Collector Pro software for my Mac and have started entering of all my vinyls and CD's. The more I go through the process, the more I discover, and the more I realize there is a lot more to learn.
Actually my collecting started approximately 62 years ago -- time flies, but the music has always been rewarding. When I get finished with the music aspect . . . perhaps I'll start on the DVD's.
Thank you for such wonderful software, as it fulfills a wish for cataloging all my music and having the flexibility and convenience of locating exactly what I want . . . and when I need it.
My best to your company, and I wish you continued good success."
I love Music Collector"I love Music Collector I've used it since V7! The only database I've seen where I can share online....my iPhone and store on my PC.
Can't wait to see V10....where are the screen shots? ;-)"
Very impressed"Got the Music one from you today. Very impressed about the database! Even very old cd covers, of very seldom cd´s, available.
Checked out a lot of programs before, than found your one through an ad."